Giving birth is one of the most pleasant feelings on this earth. The nine months of hardships and finally when you little munchkin, all your pains went away. To bring that LO up, a mother even forgets about herself. There is nothing to shy about post-pregnancy weight but still who don’t like to again slip into their old jeans. Losing weight is about being healthy and increase in self-confidence.
I still remember how I could not make it to waist 36 inches denim after having my baby boy. No, the trial was not immediately after giving birth. I waited for 6 long months to get back into shape. But instead of decreasing it was increasing. The reason being I took my pregnancy and breastfeeding as an excuse. I was becoming lazy and fat. Then one day, I being face to face with my shapeless body and laziness. Then I decided to put it to halt and try my best to be back in shape.
To be very honest I was never very lean or slim types girl but after pregnancy it became gross, I gained more than 25KGs. I started looking like a baby elephant and then realized need serious weight loss goals.
Because of two kids, office, home tasks, going to the gym was not possible with me. So after reading many articles, online and offline, I made a list of food items that are available in the kitchen and helps in losing weight.
Here are 10 foods from your kitchen that can help in losing weight after pregnancy.
- Methi/ Fenugreek Seeds: Methi is a natural herb which helps in losing the weight. It also thought to be helpful in promoting digestion, induce labor, and reduce blood sugar levels in diabetics. If you are a feeding mother, the intake of fenugreek seeds helps in increasing breast milk too.
- Jeera/ Cumin: Jeera is very helpful in curing constipation. Since carminative and dietary fiber content is present in cumin and it also has antimicrobial, antifungal, and stimulating properties, it serves as the natural laxative. Therefore, if you add cumin to your diet it helps the healing of wounds or infections in excretory and digestive systems and also speeds up your digestion level.
Again for nurturing mother, it is helpful in increasing breast milk.
- Sauf/ fennel seeds: A glass of Luke warm water and drink it with a teaspoon of fennel seeds every night, it will help in regulating digestion and weight loss. The other benefits of sauf are they are very high in antioxidants. It has anti-inflammatory properties thus benefit people suffering from arthritis and joint pains. Helps lower blood pressure naturally.
- Pudina/ Mint: Mint strengthens the liver, improves digestion. It also aids in weight loss. Mint is a calming and soothing herb that has been used for thousands of years to aid with upset stomach or indigestion. Peppermint is also thought to relieve pain and discomfort from gas and bloating. Peppermint tea is a common home remedy for flatulence.
- Ajwain/ Carom Seeds: In India, a new mother is given Carom seeds water to induce easy weight loss. It is an herbal medicine to help treat a number of health conditions, including gastrointestinal issues such as diarrhea and flatulence. It also acts as an antioxidant. Ajwain hasn’t been shown to be effective for weight loss, however, and shouldn’t be used in plenty and during summers.
- Dhaniya/ Coriander: It helps in the reduction of fat thus adds weight loss. When eaten coriander fresh and raw, coriander tremendously reduces the sugar level. Lemon juice enriched with pectin, a soluble fiber that aids in weight loss after pregnancy. It is a very commonly used item in Indian curries and chutneys.
- Flax seeds: Recently only I started using them. They work like the miracle for constipation and tastes really good. They are a good source of fiber, aid in digestion and prevent constipation. Flaxseeds contain some other nutrients as well as protein, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, omega 3 and lignin. Regular consumption of flax seeds is good for your skin. Flaxseeds also prevent cancer and facilitate weight-loss.
- Green Tea: Nowadays there is a new trend of having green tea. More and more people are adapting as it is healthy, regulates digestion, and induces weight loss after childbirth. There are several kinds of green tea on the market. Though they are very useful and helpful in weight loss but their overdose can lead to serious health issues.
- Ghiya/ Bottle gourd: From last few years, people have become more conscious about the uses of Ghiya as an ayurvedic medicine. It is widely popular for weight loss in Ayurveda too. Packed with dietary fibers, the bottle gourd helps to keep you full for longer. By inducing the feeling of fullness it also curbs the appetite. Lauki juice is the perfect low-fat aid for a multitude of health benefits.
- Kheera/ Cucumber: Cucumber is low in calories and contains many important vitamins and minerals, as well as a high water content. Eating cucumbers may lead to many potential health benefits, including weight loss after childbirth, balanced hydration, digestive regularity, and lower blood sugar levels.
<img src=”https://www.travelfoodnfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/kheera-400×400.jpg” alt=”” width=”400″ height=”400″ class=”alignnone size-medium wp-image-2539″ /
So if you opt for few of items from above list for losing weight after pregnancy, I am sure you will see results soon. Losing weight is 70% about what we eat and rest is exercise. Therefore for better results combine them with daily exercise routine- a 20mins walk.