So far I have been to many places. I have seen almost whole of UP, Delhi, Rajasthan, Jammu, Himachal, Mumbai but hardly felt or liked any place like Uttarakhand(UK). “UK formerly known as Uttaranchal is a state in the northern part of India. It is often referred to as the DevBhoomi(Lands of the Gods) due to many Hindu Temples and pilgrimage centers found throughout the state.
It is known for its natural beauty of the Himalayas, the Bhabhar, and the Terai”. If you love mountains, peace, beautiful scenery and being close to nature than the UK can be your first choice. Here are few reasons why you should at least once visit this wonderful place.
- Beautiful scenery: The breathtaking view of mountains, natural spring make you go drool over this place. It is one of the beautiful place with lots of places to visit. Even the roads provide with great picturesque which cannot be seen otherwise anywhere in India.
- Awesome weather: Leave three-Four months otherwise Almost around the year, the weather at various places in Uttrakhand is at its best. You can feel or touch the clouds at Tungnath, Badrinath, Chopta. Rishikesh, Haridwar offers a place which makes you feel being close to God. Auli, Mussorie, Lansdowne, and Nainital are the best hill stations which are popular among people from all over India.
If Lansdowne is on your list, do read my blog post. 5 Reason why to visit Lansdowne- A Travel Guide
- Friendly people: I have been to various states of India but the kind of people you will find in Uttrakhand is one of the best of clan. While going for the trekking to Tungnath, we handed our bags to a Dhaba wala and even after two days we find our bags untouched. If you too wants to visit Tungnath than read my post about . I am sure you will damn love it. People here are simple, loving and caring.
- Many places to visit: Kedarnath, Badrinath, Haridwar, Rishikesh, Auli, Mussorie, Neelkath, and Tungnath are only a few places which are being offered by this State. Believe this State has much more than these places to offer. It’s a God’s abode where you can everywhere feel the presence of the God and purity.
view in Nainital
- Living minimal: People in UK are very simple and are living at minimal. While at Devariya Tal, I offered a toffee to a kid and she got the sweet berries for me. Also visiting this state can be done at very economical rates. You no need to spend hefty money to see most of the places in Uttarakhand. At Tungnath, we were served unlimited food at just Rs.80 and rooms with the twin bed for just Rs.500.
yummy, tasty and reasonable corns at Haridwar
Hopefully, I am able to convince you to visit Uttarakhand at least once. Since being near to Ghaziabad, whenever we get long weekends we try to visit this beautiful state and also wanted you to visit it once. In case you need any support related to the places to visit and the guidance, then please write to me at bajafreshsurvey.com