|Yog in India is famous since ages as one of the oldest tradition. From sages to epics have again and again been told the importance of yog in everyday life. |
The benefits of Yog are countless. It is one of the very few exercise regimes that can be adopted by people of any age and health. It benefits everybody ranging from people who are differently abled to heart patients to patients with arthritis etc. Yog in India is highly therapeutic in nature and it focusses on your strengthening your body’s core fitness. Let’s look at a few undeniable advantages of including Yog in one’s diurnal.
1. Yog enhances blood circulation – Yog is essentially a stretching routine for muscles. All of its asanas are designed to stretch and relax muscles which in turn does wonders for blood circulation in the body. Asana like the multi-step “Suryanamaskara” is a prime example of excellent stretching of muscles. This asana is like several other Yogic asanas are intense and also provide a good replacement for cardio exercises.
2. Yog relieves stress and in several cases alleviates it– Yogic asanas can lead to a relaxed body and mind. Stress is a real hazard that haunts more a large chunk of our population. An hour of commitment to Yog every day can help free your stress. “Shavasana” and a combination of “Yogic Pranayams” are crucial for relieving stress.
3. Yog increases energy and helps maintain better posture and better flexibility – Yogic Asanas provide your body with more energy and it increases your flexibility regardless of your age. These asanas are age-friendly and one of the best parts about them is that they can be customized for people of all needs. They can be as intense or as relaxed as the pupil needs.
4. Yog improves immunity – Since Yog in India takes a holistic therapeutic approach, it keeps your body healthy by enhancing its immunity. Yog is great for mental peace as well.
5. Yog for body toning and weight loss – These days we all want to invest time in exercise routines that along with providing other things helps tone our body and also helps us lose weight and Yoga works really well here. Kapalbhati Pranayam and the Suryanamaskara or Sun Salutation are excellent asanas for losing weight and muscle toning. Yoga also helps reduce cellulite. It also helps strengthen your spinal cord and has been known to be very successful with patients who suffer from spondylitis and other bone and muscle related ailments.
6. Yog may help fight depression – This may be because yog is able to decrease the levels of cortisol, a stress hormone that influences levels of serotonin, the neurotransmitter often associated with depression. This is why yog may have an anti-depressant effect and could help decrease symptoms of depression.
7. Yog could also promote sleep quality – People of all ages suffer from insomnia or some or the other sleep disorder. Yog can be a great solution for such people. Several calming asanas along with guided meditation can help people who suffer from sleepless nights may find themselves catching an elongated snooze.
8. Yog may also relieve people who suffer from migraines – Traditionally, migraines are treated with medications in order to manage symptoms. Increasing evidence shows that yog could be a useful adjunct therapy to help bring down migraine occurrences. Researchers suggest that doing yog may help stimulate the vagus nerve, which has been shown to be effective in relieving migraines.
If you too are impressed with the benefits of yog and want to make it as your daily routine than “The International Yog Festival, Rishikesh, is the best event.
IYF help Meet the Yogi Within You . This fest is an incredible sight to behold. In the first week of March, swamis and yoga masters from around the world flock to Rishikesh, Utta for lectures and training. One must consider visiting the Parmarth Niketan Ashram in Swarg Ashram as this is where most of the action can easily be caught. This is truly a humbling experience and one must not miss this one of it’s kind Yog Fest.